A very popular ayurvedic herb Shatavari ( Asparagus racemosus) which has been used for centuries in ayurveda for all ages females. ‘Shat’ means 100 and ‘vari’ means roots, Shatavari is the ‘queen of herbs’ that helps to cure hundreds of diseases.
Shatavari is loaded with anti-oxidants and phytochemicals that lowers oxidative stress and enhances immune responses. It also contains minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, Vitamin A&C and essential fatty acids such as gamma-linolenic acid which treats high cholesterol, heart diseases, and depression.
Secret benefits & Uses of Shatavari
The root of the herb is enriched with medicinal properties and is commonly used in ayurvedic formulations.
- Shatavari supports the reproductive health by toning and nourishing the feminine reproductive organs.
- Shatavari is a female- friendly herb that helps in maintaining healthy hormonal balance.
- It treats pre-menstrual symptoms by relieving pain and controlling the blood loss during menstruation.
- It supports normal production of breast milk for lactating mothers.
- It helps in boosting the immune system.
- Reduces abdominal cramps, aids in digestion and normal functioning of the intestinal tract.
- Helps to resolve the infertility issues and PCOS in females.
- It nourishes and detoxify the blood in female reproductive system, thus supporting the body’s natural fertility.
- Shatavari relieves menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, by producing estrogens it makes up for low estrogen level in women.
- It helps to increase libido in both males and females.
Shatavari is available in the form of churan (powder), capsules, tablets, extract etc. either of the form can be consumed by-
- Warm milk with honey
- Warm water
- Juice in summers
It is prepared from the powder or juice extracted from the roots .
- Take 50 gms of shatavari powder.
- 250 gms of sugar, 200 ml of water in a heating pan,5 gm of cardamom.
- As the consistency of the syrup smoothens add the shatavari powder, stir it well while heating.
- This process of stirring is sustained till the consistency becomes thicker and granules are formed
- Store in a cool dry place.
It helps in reducing pain, fatigue and weakness during post-pregnancy.
“Ayurvedic tonic for women health –Shatavari.“